Why open an account through us and not directly with our partners?
Because we offer better rates
For example, if you go to Nedbank Capital to open a CFD account, then you would pay a brokerage rate of 40bp [basis points, 1/10,000th, so 0.40%] — but if you open that same Nedbank account through Courtney Capital, then we would start you off at a CFD rate of around 25bp [0.25% of exposure per trade]. That is a saving of almost 40%. And it makes a huge difference if you look at your total brokerage for the year.
How is this possible?
Simple. The bigger institutions cater for bigger/institutional clients. The are not all geared to deal with thousands of individual retails clients. But this doesn’t mean that they don’t want the extra business. It just makes more sense for them to have Courtney Capital as their single point of contact for smaller retail clients. So you can speak, trade and execute with us, or on your platform, while enjoying the same high-end platforms and infrastructure as the bigger players — and, best of all, it may cost you less then it would have if you had gone to the bigger institution directly.
- Nedbank – capital and prime broking
- Peregrine – securities, listed company
- Saxo – capital markets local and abroad
- Interactive Brokers – offshore trading
- AllanGray – long term investments
- Brightrock – a fresh take on life insurance
- PPS – insurance & investments for professionals
- Alexander Forbes – short term insurance
- Indequity – specialized insurance
- Cura – medical gap cover for individuals
- Satrix – tax free and other investments
- Vectorvest – technical & fundamental anaylsis
- Exchange4free – money transfers
- The JSE – Johannesburg stock exchange
- Citibank – international
- BNY – the Bank of New York
- Iress – trading platform provider
- Investec – offshore trading products
- Itransact – exchange traded funds
- Askari – external compliance
- AOS – automated outsourcing services
- RSI – Russel Stone International
- Computershare – financial administration
- Tradingfloor – social trading and analysis
We have spent a lot of time forming great relationships with our service providers so that you don’t have to. Just become a Courtney Capital Private Wealth Client and take advantage of having all of the above at your fingertips. Easy.
Remember: the lower your costs — the higher your profits.